Top 5: Road Trip Jams

Hey everyone!

So, last weekend my brother and I took a little road trip to Pittsburgh to go see Notre Dame vs University of Pittsburgh (and the Irish won, yay!). Sitting in the car for the very long (and I mean loooooong) 7 hour drive, gave me a lot of time to think about how it might be fun to make a list of the best road trip worthy tunes.

Here are just a few of the jams that kept us sane while driving through tons of mountains and in between quoting Children of the Corn every time we passed a corn field:


1. "Dare To Be Stupid" - Weird Al Yankovic: We left at 5 in the morning. This song was definitely needed to get us pumped and ready to go. Weird Al is a better pick me up than coffee. Also, my brother still likes to mention how I stole his Weird Al cds when we were little. He'll never get them back.


2. "Poison" - Bell Biv DeVoe: How could you go wrong with any 90s hip hop song, really? Plus, the music alone at the start of this song is enough to get anyone dancing, and car dancing is really where I shine.


3. "Play That Funky Music" - Wild Cherry: I don't know why we played this song so much, but we did and it was awesome.


4. "Don't Stop Believing" - Journey: You can't possibly go on a road trip and not include Journey. I think it's against the rules of the Universe or something.


5. "Carry On My Wayward Son" - Kansas: I think at some point of the trip we sort of lost our minds and just pretended we were in an episode of Supernatural, but instead of being in a badass Impala going off to face a demonic menace, we just had a very sensible Hyundai and some snacks. Close enough!


What are some of your go to road trip songs?

Comments

Popular Posts