Top 5: MST3K Episodes

Hello, all!

In honor of Thanksgiving tomorrow, I figured I'd dedicate this Top 5 to one of my all time favorite shows: Mystery Science Theater 3000. My favorite thing on Thanksgiving (aside from the mashed potatoes) is the MST3K Turkey Day marathon. Every year at noon, I plop myself in front of my computer and watch the 6 fan picked movies and laugh by myself for the rest of the night.

MST fans also have a lot to be thankful for this time around, thanks to a widely popular Kickstarter campaign to have Netflix bring back the cult favorite show, new episodes will start airing in the not too distant future (...get it?) of 2017. *insert praise hands emoji*

Ok, now let's get to it!



1. Werewolf: This film is MST3K gold. It's super low budget, the special effects, acting and sound effects are terrible and I love every second of it. Even the bits in between the movie were good-- you had the slow transition into "wereCrow" and how can one forget the musical stylings of "Where O'Werewolf"?

Favorite line: "Paul, you is a wurr-wilf!"




2. Soultaker: Basically, a group of supposed-to-be-teenagers-but-really-look-like-fourties get into a car crash and their souls are completely thrown from their bodies. The group has to try and figure out what happened to them, all the while trying not to get captured by the "soultaker." Who is Joe Estevez. Emilio and Charlie's uncle. Who is dressed in head to toe black. If that wasn't enough, you also have Robert Z'Dar who plays a higher ranking soultaker and the butt of so many huge face jokes.

Favorite line: Brad- "There is no stairway to heaven." Tom Servo- "Zep is never wrong, man!"




3. The Final Sacrifice: There is only one word to describe this one: ROWSDOWER. Wait, I lied, also the whole tribute song to Canada is fantastic.

Favorite line: Rowsdower- "Do ya have any idea what kinda people you're dealing with?" Crow- "They're from Saskatchewan!"




4. Gamera: I think this was one of the first MST3K episodes I had seen and I was hooked from the start. It's like the filmmakers saw how popular Godzilla movies were and decided, "You know what would be scarier than a dinosaur monster? A TURTLE monster!" Seriously, the film definitely warranted all the jokes the guys could come up with and then some.

Favorite line: "Hey Kenny, get bent!"



5. Hobgoblins: This movie is a blatant Gremlins rip off, and one of the only films that the guys really bug out while watching. It's just that bad. To sum it up, a bunch of creepy little creatures escape a vault and it's up to the rookie security guard to round'em all up.

Favorite line: "Meet the Hobgoblins; Franky, Sniffles, Bounce Bounce and The Claw!"


There are a ton more I could've added, but I'll leave it at these for now. Are any of you guys fans? What's your favorite episode? Lemme know and Happy Thanksgiving!


Comments

Popular Posts