Top 5: Game of Thrones Deaths

Hello, all!

In honor of Game of Thrones starting up again tomorrow, I decided to dedicate this Top 5 to just a few of the memorable deaths on the show. If you've read the books or watched the show, you'll know there's no shortage of deaths so this was a bit hard to narrow down, so I just went with the first ones that popped into my head.

Here we go!




1. Ygritte: Ah, young love in Westeros just never ends well. Yeah, Jon Snow was going against all of his Night's Watch vows by being with her, but they were just so precious. And to have her get taken out by that little turd Olly was not ok.


I just couldn't even bring myself to use the gif of his death

2. Oberyn Martell: I'm still having nightmares about this one. I mean, the Mountain just squashed his head like an overripe melon. *shudders* The worst part about this one is the Red Viper had the upper hand in the fight, he could've won and taken out the behemoth but no, he had to show boat and lost his head for it.




3. Shireen Baratheon: George RR Martin is known for killing a LOT of his characters, but Shireen was just an innocent child who was fed to the flames in order to "help" her father gain power. Melisandre may have brought back Jon Snow from the dead (or did she? There's some pretty convincing fan theories about her part in that) but I can't forgive her for this one.




4. Tommen Baratheon: Now, I'll admit-- I'm not a huge fan of Cersei or her spawn, when Joffrey finally kicked the bucket I cheered louder than anyone, but Tommen's death was just so unexpected.  He was just caught in the middle of his mother's crazy plans and watched as she blew up half the kingdom (including his wife. RIP Margaery, you deserved better) with wildfire as he looked on from the windows of his chambers. I actually gasped watching him remove his crown and step from the ledge.




5. Hodor: I'll never be able to hear the words "Hold the door!" without a pang in my heart. Just, no.


Honorable Mentions:

-Ned Stark
-The Red Wedding
-Khal Drogo

Why you gotta do me like that, George?

What are some of your picks? Lemme know!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts