The Bookish Box: Stranger Things Review

Hello, all!

If my last post wasn't indication enough, I love myself a subscription box. I also love Stranger Things, so when I saw a post on Instagram about a company doing a whole themed box around the Netflix show, I knew I just had to get it.


Let's get into it!



The first thing I pulled out was this Eleven's Waffles candle by Whiskey Diamond Candle Co. Naturally, it smells just like a stack of waffles doused in maple syrup. It also has a cute cassette tape charm bracelet as well as the alphabet and string lights Joyce uses to communicate with Will in the Upside Down. I have to admit, I wasn't too psyched on this only because I'm not a fan of the smell of maple, but the candle itself is really nice.


I may not be a fan of maple, but I am a fan of patches and this one was right up my alley. The patch is by Two Ghouls Press (which is also one of my favorite shops for patches/pins, by the way) and reminds me of old school traditional tattoos and I'm all about it. Justice for Barb, always. She deserved better.


Ohhhhhh, maaaaaaaaaaan. I was hyped on this Eleven print by Davis Ride Prints. Again, I'm totally into traditional tattoo flash style artwork and Eleven is just so badass. This was definitely my favorite thing in the whole box and I can't wait to frame it and hang it on my wall.


Next up was this tumbler designed by the Bookish Shop featuring the oh so relatable quote from Chief Hopper. I was really impressed with the quality of this tumbler; it's a decent size and a nice sturdy ceramic. It has one of those lids that you just push down into place, and usually those make me really nervous because I've had my fair share of hot beverages down the front of the shirt when the lids aren't fully closed, but this one seems like it may not have any issues (fingers crossed.)


Lastly, was this shirt again designed by the Bookish Shop including a sort of quote by Dustin. I say sort of because the quote is wrong-- he says "locked" rather than "unlocked." I thought maybe it was a misprint, so I reached out to the company but they say that it was intentional and something to do with their take on the Upside Down. I don't like it. I don't remember seeing anything in the promotions of this box that stated they were going to be misprinting anything, and there wasn't a disclaimer or anything in the box to let you know the shirt is intentionally wrong, so I really didn't get it. Call me crazy, but I don't like wearing things if they're wrong, so this isn't something I'll be using.

I had really high hopes for this box, but when I received it, it just left me kinda meh. That's not to say that I didn't like the items, in fact I did love 3 out of the 5 products in the box, it's just the candle and the shirt aren't really my taste. But you better believe I'll be curled up with that tumbler binging the whole second season when it comes back to Netflix next month.

Comments

  1. Cool subscription box! I love the mug and candle. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey if you're selling the candle, I'm listening. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've given up buying anything "sight unseen" from them, which means I miss a few cool items that never make it to their shop. But they have become notorious for misquoting and misspelling. They have messed up a Tolkien quote and a Wuthering Heights quote as well as the Stranger Things one (and probably some others). I don't think they actually read the books or watch the tv shows that "inspire" their boxes because there are too many mistakes and things that just don't make ANY sense. I've ordered boxes in the past with shirts and I always put in the comments "girly, bright colors rather than dark and drab" and I always received black, dark green, or grey. And it seems like, since your post, they are really going downhill. :( Since I'm waiting on an order, I'm posting as "Anonymous" lol. So far they have been good about replacing missing or broken items, and I don't want to make them mad. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never heard of them before I saw this box in an Instagram ad, and it was definitely the first and last time I ordered from them. I liked the other stuff that came from different companies, just not their original items :\ Fingers crossed your order comes the way you want it!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts